Tuesday, March 29, 2005

i'm still alive

so i'm finally getting back to blogging after a long absence. i got back from kenya on thursday and was planning on blogging friday, but when i went to download my pictures on thursday night, i discovered that my laptop which i left in my apartment was gone. in time i came to realize that it was stolen from my apartment. it was a bummer and still is, because i haven't backed up the last four months of my work or photos. so i lost all my nyc pictures, my latest amsterdam pictures and most all my work of the past four months. i am still greaving the loss of it all. some people are helping me put reward posters to try and get back my hard drive or at least the contents. this is one of the reasons why i haven't blogged quite yet.

it was difficult preparing my message without my computer and it has been difficult to do a lot of things that i normally do with ease without my computer, for my laptop is my only computer after my desktop was totally messed up to the flood in my apartment back in november.

the only good news about my laptop being stolen is that with the insurance money i was able to get another 17 inch mac, which has some improvements since i bought mine about 9 months ago. i went from a 1.33 GHz to a 1.66 GHz, from an 80 GB hard drive to a 100 GB hard drive. this new computer has a sensor in it so that if there is sudden movement or a heavy jiggling, the computer automatically shuts off to protect the hard drive. and the other new feature is that if you put two fingers on the pad you can scroll left to right or up and down without using the scroll bar.

anyway, i hope to get a few pictures up from my trip and give an update soon, but i just wanted you to know that i was alive still.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to LA!
Soooo sorry to hear about your laptop, though. I'm sure that was quite a shock to your system. But it is great to hear that you made it back home safe, at least those prayers were answered to the satisfaction of many. :o)

And one more thing, just in case you haven't heard: you're loved and appreciated more than you know. God bless you and keep you safe, dear shepherd of man!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you made it back safely...sorry to hear about the computer....

-patty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home