Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bloglines vs NetNewsWire

I arrived safely in LA. I arrived just in time for my sabbath day, which is typically Thursday. It should help me adjust back to LA time.

I was looking forward to catching up on some blogs, but for the last five days I have had great difficulty using NetNewsWire, which is the feeder that I have been using for the last couple of months. I have really enjoyed the layout of it, but it has been acting strange lately, like closing without me being able to read anything. Even the weeks prior it was taking quite a long time to load up. So I decided to go with what is probably the most popular feeder of all, and from what I understand one of the oldest feeders
Bloglines.

I would suggest that if you like to read a number of blogs on a regular basis, using
Bloglines is a good way to do it. If you want to subscribe to my blog, simply put in Dream Awakener, and it should come up first.

For all you Techies out there, would you have any suggestions when it comes to the best feed sources as it relates to Mac and/or Windows?

4 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

Alan,

I have the full version. I will do a check with someone at the Genesis bar to get their opinion. I would like to use it again, but it's just not operational right now. I just e-mailed the company as well.

Currently I live in Hollywood, CA. That is where I am pastoring. We are also hoping to start a new church in West LA by January of 2007, Lord willing.

Thanks for your thoughts.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tylers.Net said...

JR,
For an Offline reader use feeddemon (I know the name is not the best). For online I use newsgator. It is pretty good.
Brandon Tyler
Denton,TX

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JR,
Not sure why you're experiencing those issues with NetNewsWire, but I'll ask the developer (Brent Simmons). But don't give up on it. NetNewsWire is about to have the ability to synchronize content with NewsGator Online so you'll have the best of both worlds (accessing your synchronized content from pretty much anywhere). AND - NewsGator also owns FeedDemon, which will also synchronize with the other products on our platform.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

Actually it's working great now, as you can see from my other entry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home