Monday, January 02, 2006

The Top 50 Cities

As this last year has come to a close, it is always good to reflect a bit on the past as we look toward the future. One of the things I like to analyze are the different ways that I spend my time. I have to say that making entries to this blog is something that I have increasingly enjoyed this past year.

So as a person who likes to blog and enjoys keeping track of stats, I have a counter that helps me to know where the different readers of my blog come from. So today, I would like to let you know top 50 cities that read my blog. I will give them in order. In other words, the first city is the city that has the greatest amount of regular readers, and so forth. Drum roll please!

  1. Los Angeles, CA (Surprise, surprise)
  2. Columbia, MO (I reckon I know some people there moving to LA soon)
  3. Chicago, IL (Not sure who is there reading regularly)
  4. Lansing, MI (I have some friends there)
  5. Orlando, FL (Travel here quite a bit and have a number of friends here)
  6. Amsterdam, NL (This one has climbed rapidly this past month, maybe due to my visit)
  7. West Palm Beach, FL (Not sure who is here)
  8. Fayetteville, NC (I know about some people here)
  9. Blacksburg, VA (My former place of residence)
  10. Greensboro, NC (I'm amazed that two places from NC made the top ten)
  11. St. Loius, MO (Have visited there this past year)
  12. Kiev, Ukraine (I visited this past year and they have moved up in the standings recently)
  13. South Jordan, Utah (Have some friends here)
  14. Phoenix, AZ (Have some friends here)
  15. Waterloo, IO (I know a number of people in Iowa)
  16. Budapest, HU (I visited last year, my third foriegn country in my top 25)
  17. Pickering, OH (I have many friends in Ohio, but not sure where this is)
  18. Winter Park, FL (Basically Orlando area, where I have many friends)
  19. Warrenton, MO (A state I visited three times this past year)
  20. Columbus, OH (Definetly know people here)
  21. San Francisco, CA (Another California city in the top 25)
  22. Atlanta, GA (I have a number of friends here, last real visit was a couple of years ago)
  23. Richmond, VA (I lived there once and have some friends who live there now)
  24. Denton, TX (Definetly know some people here)
  25. Mesa, AZ (Know some folks in Arizona) I won't be commenting on the last 25
  26. Denver, CO
  27. Westminster, MD
  28. Troy, MI
  29. Las Vegas, NM
  30. Daytona Beach, FL
  31. Corunna, MI
  32. Ann Habor, MI
  33. Roanoke, VA
  34. Indianopolis, IN
  35. Washington D.C.
  36. Eagan, Minnesota
  37. New York, New York
  38. Tampa, FL
  39. Arlington, VA
  40. Dunkik, Maryland
  41. Amstelveen, Netherlands
  42. Vancouver, WA
  43. Plano, TX
  44. Bloomington, IN
  45. Oak Park, IL
  46. Sunnyvale, CA
  47. Minneapolis, MN
  48. Madison, WI
  49. Durango, CO
  50. Glen Burnie, MD
Other cool cities with some representation are:

Paris, FR
London, UK
Toronto, CA
Sao Paulo, BR
Osaka, JP
San Jose, CA
Copenhagen, DK
Sydney, AU
Carcus, VE
Malibu, CA
Honolulu, HI
Dortmund, G
Ho Chi Minh City, VN
Bangladore, IN
Cairo, Eygpt
Santiago, Chile
Lima, Peru
Karachi, Pakistan
Lisbon, Portugal
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel Aviv, Isreal
Munich, Germany
Helsinki, FN
Milano, IT
Brussels, Belgium
Barcelona, Spain
Tehran, Iran
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
La Paz, Bolivia
Casa Blanca, Morocco
Tokyo, Japan
Florence, Italy
Hong Kong
Singapore and others...

10 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Tylers.Net said...

Denton,TX made the top 25! Go UNT! Brandon Tyler
Hope Fellowship Church
blogging from skeek.org
with Mr. Jatin Patel and Rick Whitney as the speakers.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

nice to see Kuala Lumpur here. I live in KL.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go North Carolina!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i read your blog daily and i'm actually from raleigh...don't know if somehow on your stats raleigh is lumped together with Fayetteville and/or Greensboro...

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger The Colonel said...

Eagan, MN right here!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

Terry,

Raleigh is on my stats, but did not come up in the top 50, not quite enough readers yet from that area. I guess you will have to find a few others to get Raleigh in the top 50.

Question, do you read my blog through a feed or by simply going to it?

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just going to it....

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... Lisbon, Portugal deserved to be better ranked. ;)

It's a very cool city! :)

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet work is Winter Park and home is Orlando even though they are a mile apart or so :)

Tom

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

lisbon guide,

I'm sure lisbon is a great city, I just don't have a lot of readers from there at this point.

Tom,

Hope all is well. Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home