Monday, January 09, 2006

ANNOUNCEMENT: You are invited to PREVIEW my new site


Lake Louise Banff
Originally uploaded by Jeff Milner.


I started my blogging journey at an invitation from my friend Pavi in the Spring of 2003, when I didn't even know what a blog was at that time. In time, because of different difficulties, we closed the excelsis blogs. I hope someday to retrieve those past blog entries and put the information somewhere.

I then started this blog with blogger in December of 2004. This past year I have been getting much more regular with my entries, about 4-5 a week, and have grown in my love for blogging. There are many reasons why I love to blog. Here are some, in no particular order:

  1. I enjoy turning people on to interesting news items
  2. It's a cool way to encourage, comfort and exhort people to follow Jesus
  3. It allows me to keep up with people I know all over the world
  4. It has become a spiritual discipline for me, causing me to regularly examine my life, the world, God and people.
  5. I love to share things that I am learning about the city I live in - LA, and to help those who live in LA or have an interest in Los Angeles learn about the city and make it a better place.
  6. Photography has become a hobby of mine, so blogging gives me a chance to share cool pictures with others, some that I have taken, and others I have found from friends at flickr.
  7. I love sharing some of my personal ventures as well as things that I'm thinking about, dreaming about and doing.
  8. It helps me to think of new ways to take the LA times (news of the world) and the scripture (news of God) and live more faithfully in God's story and help others do the same.
  9. It gives me the opportunity to share ideas that are important to me, like social justice, becoming more whole, walking with God, being the church today, understanding the scriptures, following Jesus and redeeming the world.
  10. It is one way I hope to bring the goodness of God to others.
With all of that in mind, I wanted to let you know that I am moving my blog to a different site. It is easy to remember because it will be hosted at: www.jrwoodward.net - right now you need to put the www. before jrwoodward, or you won't get there. I'm working on changing that right now. I got this domain name, so that in the future even if I change hosts, my blog address will remain the same. I want to do this as a courtesy of those of you who link to this blog.

You can click here to get a preview of my new blog. I am still working on it, but it is my hopes that it will be even a greater resource for you if you are a regular reader, as well as new readers to this blog. I am encouraged to know that this past month I have on average had more than 1,000 visits a week to this blog from all around the globe.

I would love to know what you think of my new blog, so please take a minute and when you visit the new blog, leave a comment there to let me know what you think. Also, if you are currently linking to my blog, would you be so gracious as to update the address. And if you have a blog site or website and would like to link to this site please click here and add this blog to your site.

I hope this site serves you even better this next year. In a couple of weeks, I will be letting you know about a couple of new sites that will be of interest to you as well, some group blogs that I am involved in developing. They are close to completion.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Noel Heikkinen said...

Wow. I've never seen someone link to themselves so many times in one post!

Nice.

:)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

well, you know... i was trying to break the record whatever it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home