Friday, December 02, 2005

Our Mission - Part I

Often people ask me what our mission is at kairos los angeles. We developed three sentences to describe our mission. So over the next week I thought I would share those three statements with you and then describe one of them each entry.

But first, I will first share the three part mission statement, an overview of the three and then in later entries give the statement again and an explanation of each statement.





OUR MISSION


Moved by Ancient Wisdom

Engaging a New Renaissance

Working toward a Coming Shalom

Each one of these statements describe a different element of our mission. The first statement represents the past, our mission comes to us from the ancient wisdom of the scripture, from which we hear the voice of God. Our second statement moves into the present. We recognize that we are called to contextualize the good news. While the third statement looks to the future. The coming Shalom. Next week I plan to talk about each statement in a different blog entry. Until then thinks about how God is at work in and through your life.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Wow. I'm digging the vision statement, JR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home