Monday, December 12, 2005

Awaken Conference in Amsterdam and Zolder 50

I saw The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe last Friday and will I be blogging about it sometime this week, with some photos I took of some of the props and costumes used in the movie. I still have to download my photos.

But at this moment, I am finishing up my preparation for the Awaken Conference that is taking place in Amsterdam just after Christmas from 28.12.05 - 01.01.06. I'm really looking forward to see old friends, meeting new ones and sharing some of the things that God has been putting on my heart.

Because the conference has people coming from different parts of Europe, the messages will be translated into seven different languages. So I need to send my transripts in ASAP so that the translators have a little time to prepare. That is what I finishing up right now.

One of the communities of faith that are hosting the conference is Zolder 50. I have had the privilege of visiting this community on a few occasions and each visit has encouraged me greatly. Zolder 50, headed by Todd Watkins and Eric Asp, is an amazing story of God's grace and love. The love and sacrifice of the people at Zolder 50 continues to both challenge and inspire me to live more fully for Jesus.

If you are ever in Amsterdam, you should check them out. You will not be disappointed. I am aware of a number of people from Zolder 50 that blog in addition to Eric and Todd. There is Eva who is a great artist and singer. There is Michael who has a cool photo blog. There is Bret who is an all around good guy who has given me some tips in photography. Then there is Jonas who hasn't really blogged since getting engaged with Stephanie. Life kinda of changes after engagement huh? And I'm sure there are others that I don't know about. But if you get the chance, and you happen to be in Amsterdam, you will want to check out Zolder 50. You will be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home