Thursday, October 27, 2005

blurry but visible

i remember when i was a young kid playing on the merry-go-round and then getting off. i felt very dizzy and in a daze, but in time when my feet hit the ground, i felt stability and everything seemed to go back to what it was like before getting on the merry-go-round.

for the last two years i have felt that i have been on a merry-go-round in relation to some aspects of my life. i don't think that anyone was designed to stay on a merry-go-round for quite that long. for when that happens, it messes with one's equilibrium and slightly with one's vision. in some ways i feel like i just got off of one merry-go-round and my feet have landed on the ground. it feels good, but kind of funny because in some ways it has been so long. i'm looking around and everything is kind of blurry but visible, like looking in a mud puddle.

i think before long i will be able to lift my head, look forward and start to walk toward the future as God brings it to me. after all, i am still a little kid in a big world. sometimes that world can feel big and confusing, often times that world throws me for loops. all i feel that i can do is hold on to my Father's hand and let Him take me where He wants.

sometimes He leads me to great adventure. sometimes he leads me to quiet spaces. i'm happy to go where He leads. i feel like i have some space to focus, to reflect, to rest and to walk. the future is blurry but visible, yet that is enough if i am holding His hand.

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tylers.Net said...

JR, that sounds like my first two years experience in a church plant in Orlando and Denton as well! God bless you brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home