Thursday, September 29, 2005

recreating life


style
Originally uploaded by dream awakener.


one of my consistent hobbies over the last couple years has been photography. i haven't read much or studied much at all, i just love taking pictures. i think this next year i may read a couple of books just to learn some of the basics.

as my appreciation for photography has grown, my desire to learn more has grown as well. i have taken over 15,000 photo's now and i am trying to go through some of the photos i like and post them. i still have a ways to go, but i just put together my personal favorites that i have posted on flickr.

if you get the chance, please take a minute and browse through my current 24 personal favorites. feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, as i love to improve. if you look to the top right, you can view the set as a slide show.

having a lot of responsibilities can make life feel weighty at times. engaging in hobbies and recreation is about re-creating life, so that we can better fulfill our calling with fresh energy.

if you are aware of any cool photography websites, please let me know. they could deal with learning about photography or posting photography or anything.

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!! I love looking a photos.

Recently I purchased a preowned Nikon D100 and am playing with it. Photography is a wonderful way of "re-creating life".

While surfing for photos one day, I came across http://www.nyip.com/ and http://www.picture.com/.

Thank you for sharing yours and blogging with photos!!

-wendysue@RockISU.com

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Lane Coursen said...

For what it's worth...my favorites are "trash" and the portrait of the African man.

Randy Olson (a photographer I know from MPW)did some work in Africa for the September National Geographic. I meant to tell you because I know you were there this year...I think it's some great work.

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0509/

And to put in one of my votes for photo sites check out POYi (Photographer of the Year International)which is a contest hosted by Mizzou that brings in some amazing work.

http://www.poyi.org/

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger The Colonel said...

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9678&page=2&pp=10

visit the thread above... it has a bunch of links to photography tips etc.

i've enjoyed the photos you've shared on here

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

i wanted to thank each of you for the nice comments and different links you have suggested. it is always cool to check out new places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home