Wednesday, July 20, 2005

any advice on paris?


flavorpill artwork by grouek
Originally uploaded by dream awakener.



so i am just going to mix the tour de france, but i am still very grateful that next tuesday i have the chance to go to paris.

i am cashing in some of my frequent flyer miles to fly to paris this next week. i decided on paris for my personal vacation, after realizing that a good friend of mine that i saw come to faith in kiev, ukraine is living there right now. he has invited me to stay with him, so it is basically only going to cost me about $60 in taxes for travel and place to stay.

i'm looking forward to catching up with serge, reading in the parks and cafe's, exploring the city and checking out some of the sites.

i have only been to paris once before, on a very short trip. i saw the eiffel tower but not much else. so if you have any advice for me i would deeply appreciate it. especially stuff that is off the beaten path.

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Marci and I visited Paris for our third wedding anniversary -- actually while we were in the midst of a church-planting exploratory trip to Amsterdam -- and we absolutely loved the city. Still ranks as one of my favorite places of all time. One of my favorite memories is of the Montmarte; it's not really "off the beaten path," but the view from the hill is breathtaking, the Sacre Coeur is beautiful, and someone asking to paint your portrait every thirty seconds is a nice ego trip :-)

Also, just strolling along the Seine is the quintessential Parisian experience... I hope you have a great trip and get back to LA feeling refreshed and invigorated.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Bret said...

I higly recommend the "Saint Chapelle" - it is very close to Notre Dame geographically. It's an amazing piece of history, but even more amazing is the stain glass work inside. It's a little off the beaten path compared to things like Notre Dame and the louvre. It's amazing.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger J.R. Woodward said...

thanks eric and bret, it is nice to have some friends in europe to give me the scoop on things.

peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home