Tuesday, December 07, 2004

moving toward reorientation

so finally by last night, my apartment which was one huge mess due to the flooding of my bedroom was transformed into a place of beauty and order again. i was amazed on how when my environment and space is clean and back in order how it affects me personally. it helps me feel oriented in other areas of my life as well. for when my space is disoriented, life seems more disoriented, and vice versa.

today john drage and andy bleyer came into town. andy and a team of people are strongly considering partnering with us, kairos los angeles, to start a church in the area. i am really excited about this possibility. lots of things to think about and many discussions to have, but it is a good possibility and i think will be beneficial for the advancement of the kingdom.

not too long after john arrived at my apartment, he asked me how he could help with my place. i mention to him some problems in my apartment and he is going to fix one of my cupboards and drawers in the kitchen that i never seem to get to, as well as my bathroom sink. what a nice guy.

today, lance helped me fix my skateboard. it is a true benefit being in community.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JR, I know exactly what you mean about your environment's messiness having an effect on your life. I've been telling my roommate for the last week or so I can't wait to clean our room! It's final's week at Illinois State (you spoke at our fall retreat for Cornerstone) and with all the tests, projects, and studying, my room has become a battle zone of mis-printed research papers, study guides and text books. Agh! While I don't have water running through my room, I can definitely relate. Glad to hear things are shaping up for ya!

your sister
Molly

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so popular to be in your blog wow i feel like a celebrity
peace,
lance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home